The Rochester Jr. Americans are members of the NAHL and play home games from September through April. We are looking for interns to fill vital roles for our game day experience. Each internship is flexible and can be broken into a fall, spring, or full-season internship opportunities.
Our internship program is designed to help you apply the knowledge and skills you have gained in your college courses to professional settings. It will also allow you the opportunity to:
- Develop professional skills that aren’t easily gained through classroom learning
- Improve situational and communication skills
- Better understand the sports industry
- Establish relationships and connections
- Be creative and develop as a professional.
- Watch hockey and have fun!
Game Day Marketing Internship
It is our mission to put on the best “show” in the North American Hockey League. Our goal is to create an ecstatically fun atmosphere and provide fans an experience that they will thoroughly enjoy.
- Attend most home games
- Execute game presentation
- Coordinate in-game promotions
- Distribute giveaway items
- Sell merchandise
- Contribute to social media accounts
- Opportunities: host intermission games, run camera, operate lighting/smoke machines, assist with video board, take photos, play in-game music
- All other duties assigned.
Video Board / Production Internship 2023-2024 Season
The Rochester Jr. Americans are seeking a video board and game lights operator for the 2023-2024 season. The video board will display game action, graphics, games, advertisements, and more. This position is critical to the look and feel of the game. The video board operator must be attentive, take instruction by staff, and be committed. Video editing experience is preferred. The content for the video board, such as graphics, will be made by Rochester’s staff. Lights will be automatic and programed by Amerks staff. A simple selection of the preset should be all that is required.
- Attend all home games.
- Be trained on video board software.
- Display live game action, videos, still graphics, advertisements, and other video board content.
- Opportunities to create video content if desired.
- Activate lights during pre-game, goals, intermissions, and three stars.
- Arrive pre-game to learn specific information about the game day script.
- Take direction from Marketing Director for video board rundown.
Photography Internship 2023-2024 Season
The Rochester Jr. Americans are actively seeking a team photographer for the 2023-2024 season.
- Take photos at most home games.
- Take photos of different variety and composition: Game action, waist up, and creative shots.
- Uploading photos to Google Photos account and share with members of the full-time staff.
- Attend media days and/or other events outside of games.
- All other duties assigned.
College credit is available. The internship is most effective when the intern has a desire to pursue a career in a related field. However, and we emphasize this, it is not required. Some of the best interns can be the ones who are motivated to put on an amazing show or just simply enjoy hockey.
Most of all, this internship is meant to be fun. Working in sports is a blast and interning with us is going to both rewarding and worthwhile.
APPLY TODAY! Email resume or related portfolio to email@example.com or call 908-200-5160.